
Bitmob: Nintendo's throwing a party in Times Square for Wii Sports Resort. You can go, I guess. I just find it odd to throw a beach party in the middle of the Big Apple.
Gamasutra: So this increasingly popular business model of tacking a bunch of crap on after a game's release (DLC, etc.) is called the "Long Tail" model. And it's making people upset, confused, and all sorts of other feelings.
GameDaily: Someone's trying to make an Xbox Live for the iPhone. I don't doubt that they've created the software or that it will run. I just wonder if enough people will care.
Joystiq: YES. [Ed: What I think he was trying to say is: Bookworm Adventures 2 announced.]
Game Politics: China's government says that its "game addiction clincs" need to stop using electroshock therapy on its patients. There's nothing I can say to make this story funny.
Joystiq: Want to play Command & Conquer 4 without an Internet connection? TOO FUCKING BAD.
BattleTech.com: Mechwarrior 4 and its expansions will be distributed on BattleTech.com in honor of the IP's 25th anniversary. Oh yeah - for free.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Marginalia 7.17.09
Posted by
Rob
at
2:54 PM
tag! you're it!
Gaming,
Marginalia


